"I have but one candle of life to burn, and I would rather burn it out in a land filled with darkness than in a land flooded with light." --- JK Falconer

Friday, June 5, 2009

A word from Cari


Well - here goes, my first post! Hard to believe we are almost headed across the ocean again to see our family in Africa. I find that the more we do this, the easier it is to forget to pray. So PLEASE, everyone, pray for us and if you see me or talk to me, remind me to pray, too! I know full well, that all of our trips rely on God's care and sovereignty. And with two boys now instead of only one, it is even clearer to me. I am excited to be returning to a place we have served at before - it is nice knowing what to expect and how to pack, etc. But at the same time, it is good for me to remember that two years have gone by and many things there have changed just as we have changed. So I am looking forward to new experiences. It is hard to be leaving friends and family here, but we also know that August 26th will be here before we know it, and we will again be doing the American thing. Thank you to everyone who has given to our support and who has served us through any number of ways. We truly feel blessed in those God has placed around us. And we look forward to using this blog to keep y'all updated! I have added some links that might give you more info about the ministries we partner with for all our trips.

In His Care,

Cari

1 comment:

  1. Hey Cari and the guys, I look forward to reading your posts while you are in Togo.
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete