"I have but one candle of life to burn, and I would rather burn it out in a land filled with darkness than in a land flooded with light." --- JK Falconer

Wednesday, August 26, 2009




"However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me -- the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace." Acts 20:24

We're home. God has been incredibly faithful and we are incredibly grateful. We leave behind in Togo good friends, great memories, and a wonderful ministry. We have completed this task and look forward to the next one!

The trip was long -- about 36 hours (3.5 hours and 7 separate passport checks in the first airport, just to board the first plane) but very smooth, with easy changeovers and an early arrival in NY. We experienced no ill effects of the reported Royal Air Moroc pilots' strike; quite the opposite, actually. Our transfers and layover in Casablanca were remarkably pleasant (unlike our one trip through Paris two years ago). The kids did great, sleeping sans Benadryl everywhere we needed them to. In fact the only one who caused trouble was Andy, getting reprimanded by an airport worker at JFK for wrestling with the boys on the carpet in front of the Club Lounge. ("I'm sorry sir, you can't do that here!" What, wrestle with my kids? "I'm just trying to be nice and warn you, security will be here soon..." And do what? Am I packing heat? Did someone mistake joy and laughter for the cries of a whuppin'? Oh well, welcome home to America....) Our skin and noses immediately dried out. Our air conditioned home felt COLD. We'll finish out our malaria and worm pills just to make sure no little friends survive.

We'd like to thank everyone for supporting our trip, hopefully in person if possible. We have pictures and stories, of course, for those who would like to see. And we pray each of you has been strengthened and encouraged and comforted by the work being done not just in Togo but here as well. God's Spirit is moving through the land, and we pray you are tasting and seeing that the LORD is good!

Your faithful co-workers in Christ,
CADT - the Robertsons

No comments:

Post a Comment