"I have but one candle of life to burn, and I would rather burn it out in a land filled with darkness than in a land flooded with light." --- JK Falconer

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Update on Jotom

I hadn't realized until a friend, Tonya, mentioned it to me, that I had not given an update on Jotom - the boy with the leg sores. Well, the morning of our departure, he showed up at my door with his mom! He had gone to his mom's and had convinced her to come back with him. Well, this made everything easier. I was able to send the information with them to the clinic to ensure he got the care he needed. And just before we got into the car to leave, he returned with his mom to show his newly "dressed" legs. I had a chance to explain (through interpretor) how important it was that he follow up and that Claire was going to stand in for me to make sure the bill got paid. It was a gift from God to be able to see him before we left. And you can't tell from the picture, but he has the most wonderful smile! Thank you for your prayers!
Cari

No comments:

Post a Comment